Hello loves!! I was nominated by Rita over at A Song of Books and Coffee for The Sunshine Blogger Award. This is my second nomination for this award and I’m really excited to share my answers with you all. Rita came up with really fun ones! Don’t forget to check out her amazing blog.
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
- How long have you been a reader? I’ve been reading off and on since high school. Got into reading a lot during the Twilight craze then read off and on again. But around late 2014 /early 2015 I started to really read A LOT.
- What book are you currently reading? I’m currently reading Pen and Xander by Laekan Zea Kem (almost done — I really like this book so I don’t know why it’s taking me so long to finish), and The Key to Everything by Paula Stokes.
- What’s your favourite genre and why? ROMANCE – I love the idea of true love and soulmates and all that hopeless romantic stuff. I’ve always loved it… I think I always will.
- What’s your favourite book from a genre you don’t usually go for? I don’t really read mystery or thrillers, but when I read Vicarious and Ferocious by Paula Stokes, I absolutely fell in love — now I’m trying to read more books from this genre. So, there’s a bit of romance in this series which I think helped, but even if there wasn’t, I still would have loved the books. It’s just so well-written, thrilling and fun to read. You can read my review for Vicarious here and the sequel, Ferocious, here. If you love thrillers, mystery, fast-paced action, and a little romance, then this duology needs to be on your TBR.
- Name a character that you can really relate to and why. Lara Jean from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before always comes to mind. She likes being crafty, scrapbooks, writes love letters, bakes, and is a sweet shy girl. She’s quirky, nerdy, and smart. Not only do I see myself being friends with her, I can definitely see some of teenage me in her character.
- Name a character that you absolutely hate and why. Queen Levana from the Lunar Chronicles. If there is someone who is completely evil… I vote her. She was just incredibly ruthless.
- Where are you from? I’m was born in the Philippines, but moved to Los Angeles when I was 9 years old.
- Would you like to learn a new language? If so, which one(s)? I took French my freshman year in high school, but had to switch to Spanish because my French 2 class was at the same period as my Honors English. While it was difficult for me to learn French, I actually like the language and would someday want to learn it again. I knew a few words, but that’s it.
- If you could be anyone in the world – alive or dead, real or fictional – who would you be? Wow… this is a really difficult question… I’ll probably have to think about this for a while… BUT if I could meet anyone real or fictional, I would mostly likely choose Hermione Grainger so she can teach me everything she knows about being a wizard.
- Do you like superheroes? If so, who’s your favourite? Yes!! I actually really love watching superheroes movies and shows. I have so many favorites, but Wonder Woman totally kicks ass.
- Favourite TV show(s)? Game of Thrones, Westworld, Lucifer, Stranger Things, The 100, Gotham, The Last Ship, Walking Dead, HIMYM, and Big Bang Theory… just to name a few.
Name a few of your dream destinations.
What’s your favorite dessert and why?
What are your top 10 favorite reads in 2017?
What was the last book you DNF?
What songs are you listening to right now?
What are some of your most anticipated reads in 2018?
Name 3-5 of your favorite book boyfriends?
Who are some of your auto-buy authors?
Do you have a bad bookish habit? What is it?
How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Which book in 2017 surprised you the most?
Tagging these lovelies. If you’ve been nominated before, then I won’t mind if you skip this… but feel free to answer some of my questions in the comments. I can’t wait to read all of your answers!!! Have a wonderful day!
Kester and Kelsey @lilbooklovers